Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Faction ADD is fun

Unless something weird happens, I am officially done with new armies in warmachine and hordes. I would like to slow down and think for a minute about the odd and winding road that got me here.

Way back when, one of my friends discovered stomps elephants in samurai armor and was sold right off the bat. He came to me (as he is oft to do) and quickly talked me into playing the game. As I dug through the books figuring out what I wanted to play a couple of things stood out.

About the only guys I liked in protectorate of menoth fluff wise were the Paladins of the Wall... Religious douche bags really didn't tickle my fancy at all. I tend to also shy away from undead, so cryx was out. Mercs still weren't really a faction yet (although they were tempting). That left Khador and Cygnar, with trenchers and winter guard being a tie in my book (for some reason I tend to love jobbers), Cygnar pulled ahead on the strength of a teleporting gunslinger.

Hordes seemed cool, and if I was going to play it was going to be trollbloods, but the swan had stolen my heart.

Then my car blew its head gasket and things went on hold for a while.

I moved up to Portland, and went from a meta that had no Cygnar to one that seemed to have it everywhere. What's a good general to do? I branched into mercs. I ran with them for a while and bounced between them and Cygnar.

Some part of me wanted to see how the other half lived, and so I decided to play minions because: 1) there weren't many models to buy 2) war hogs are fucking bad assed. This of course led to gators...

Fast forward a bit, and some locals were getting out of trolls... I got into them at rock bottom prices and wheeled and sealed a bit to help them pay for themselves. Work was also picking up at this point and I had far more money than time so things kept getting fleshed out.

Now we enter the omg twins part of the conversation... I now have 2 amazing babies but realized that would put a damper on playing some of the other systems I had gotten into over the years... Some how that process ended up with me getting a boat load of Skorne.  

For those of you following along... That puts me at: Cygnar, Mercs, Minions, Trollbloods, and Skorne.

Holy crap what is going on.

This beings me to what should be the end of the road and in many way full circle. Due to other circumstances and ebay gods smiling, I am starting Khador. Trying to figure out how to get stuff painted and all of that is interesting, but 3 hordes 3 warmachine. Balance to the force. Now to focus...

No comments:

Post a Comment